Saturday, September 27, 2008

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”

Just returned from canvassing in Iowa City today and I kept thinking of this famous quote by Mahatma Gandhi. We are living in critical times and can't hope that others will do the work for us. We ALL need to be involved. If anyone is considering voting for the McCain/Palin ticket, I hope you watched Sarah Pallin's interview with Katie Couric. It is frightening to think of her being just a heartbeat away from the presidency.

So I got home and checked my emails and came across this email...
"If you allow yourself to envision the world as it could be rather than the world as it is, what would it look like? And more importantly, what would you be willing to do to help create that world? " Here is the link to the website.
I took a few photographs of Iowa City. Lovely, lovely people. One woman gave me a cutting of her Queen of the Night plant sitting outside her front door (after she told me she was still undecided).

One more thing, 600 volunteers travelled from Illinois to Iowa this weekend to help create the CHANGE this country needs.
It is a wonderful thing..please consider donating time or money to the Obama campaign.

No comments: