Saturday, May 30, 2009

On Richard Olderman

Amazing work and amazing artist. Dick has been very influential in my taking up photography and pondering the state of the world.



"This small body of work, the grains of sand found on the beach at Little Talbot Island in Northeast Florida, keeps me mindful of Nature's reality. Here, worked upon by the wind, rain , sea and tides, the grains of sand ebb and flow in an exact manner to create such overwhelming beauty that I am guided back to my heart's desire.



In a civilized world of intentional brutality, one can easily lose what is most important about being alive. The necessary awareness of beauty and pleasure that should surround our days is there...constantly to be experienced. The moments of being a small part of this beauty, working with the possibilities it offers, is what I love to be doing. To have the good fortune to share what I have discovered completes the cycle.



Hopefully, you might be touched to discover your own location in the natural order of things. These images of sand are my evidence of two becoming one."

More of his work can be seen HERE.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi dear Jane, thank you very much for pointing out to Richard Olderman - his photography is fantastic! I very much love especially this sand series! I knew the images of Salgado though.
Greetings, Petra

RONYEL COMPRA said...

i agree.. that sublime pleasure that beauty offers is one of the truth that this life holds.. and sadly human and material distractions takes away that joy that everyone of us should experience.....
thanks for this one jane!!!
life is great! totally great..

http://www.artmajeur.com/ronyel