Friday, January 08, 2010

A few updated images from New Orleans

I returned to New Orleans this past December, 2 years having passed since my last trip. I found a few locations I had photographed in 2005...

Much to my surprise, the "Broken Steeple" church in Algiers was still broken with just the facade intact. The steeple was resting on the grass, patiently awaiting its return to glory.

this is the original photograph taken in 2005





This church had been completely demolished.


After driving around I found its new, second location.




Here are the Make it Right homes that have been reconstructed in the Lower Ninth.




There are definately pockets of construction and activity that were not happening on 2007, including the Lower Ninth Village and the Lower Ninth Ward Center for Sustainable Engagement and Development.

Things keep changing. No, it won't ever be the same, but then what is?

No comments: