I received an email about the oil spill in China. The link to the BBC article is HERE.
The Gulf of Mexico; Kalamazoo River, Michigan and Dalian, China...all within a few months. What is going on? These eruptions feel apocalyptic, especially after reading about the heroic clean up efforts in China.
Greenpeace International listed 10 simple ways to use less oil...
1. Carpool, cycle or use public transport to go to work.
2. Choose, when possible, products packaged without plastic and recycle or re-use containers.
3. Buy organic fruits and vegetables (fertilisers and pesticides are based on oil more often than not).
4. Buy beauty products (shampoo, soap, make-up) based on natural ingredients, not oil.
5. Choose when possible locally produced products (less transport involved).
6. Buy clothes made out of organic cotton or hemp - not from oil derivatives.
7. Use non-disposable items in picnics and summer festivals.
8. Quit bottled water.
9. Fly less.
10. Demand that your government encourage renewable energy instead of subsidizing oil."