Thursday, April 08, 2010

Intentionality and the Heart

I encountered many odd things while in Toronto. This image was one of them. I was walking by a store window early in the morning and could not believe what I was seeing. There was a napkin "stuck" on a store window that cast a heart on the mannequin in the store window. I marveled at the serendipity of it all...the sun catching the paper at just the exact time when we walked by the window. Pretty sweet....



And then came the confusing, perplexing part...
I passed the store window later in the day and guess what...
The paper napkin had fallen...there were clouds in the sky and there was no longer any heart shadow.





Only questions persist. Was the napkin that cast the heart on the mannequin intentional? Was it a chance happening? Will I ever know?

No comments: