Monday, March 22, 2010

The Great Buildup

© Burn No. 8

My Epson 4800 has not been used for several months. It has been very interesting to watch my mind play with the thought of getting Bertha (my printers name) up and running again...making all kinds of deals with her. You see, the nozzles get clogged regularly, the rollers smear black ink in places it shouldn't, and Bertha doesn't always recognize the feeder friendly paper... the list goes on and on. So you can see why I was DREADing starting her up again, thinking that I may have to invest in another printer.

As the day is coming to an end, I am happy to report that I have worked out the major bugs and the printer is happily humming away...for now, anyway.

© Burn No. 74

1 comment:

Elise Nicol said...

I dance around my much-smaller Epson for the same reasons, so I was interested to see that Jon Cone at Cone Editions has just begun an 8-part series on Epson large-format printer maintenance and repair. It's here.
Really enjoy your blog -- and your work even more.