Thursday, March 11, 2010

Reawakening

As winter fades, and the early morning chirpping begins, I know we are in a period of transition. Last year I put baskets up around our garage in hopes of attracting nesting birds...no takers.



And then the other day a package arrived. I opened it up to find this.



This birdhouse was apparently quite popular in 18th-century Williamsburg. Fragments have been unearthed throughout the area, and 1752 advertisement provide further evidence of its function.

My neighbor just returned from visiting Williamsburg, saw the birdhouses, and thought I would like one. How incredibly thoughtful was that! I am so excited to put it up...may just have to purchase a few more!

Now I can say I share the bird house affinity with Frida Kahlo...see former blog.

No comments: